Friday, January 11, 2008

Some clarification.


These are pictures of two Christians. The one on the left is my niece Rachel. She is what I call a true Christian. (She has her own blog that chronicles her works to make a better world. Check it out here. RAQUEL) The other is Jay Sekulow, the other type of Christian I wrote about yesterday. Rachel added a comment to my post asking why I listen to people like Jay Sekulow. First of all, I am not anti Christian, anti God or anti religion. I hate it when people with a powerful voice and a large following spew hate and lies to serve themselves and their followers with their warped view of God and their belief that they are the only ones that know what God wants us to do. Christians and others of different religions are not the only ones guilty of this. Obviously people that never mention God or their particular religion can be just as or more destructive and hateful. Why do I pick on these guys? Because they they prey on the fear and uncertainty of the masses and cloak their own hate in something that at its core is truly beautiful. Yes, I am a wise ass. I Photoshopped horns on his picture and made rude and nasty comments. Why do I listen to people like this? Because I need to hear what people with loud voices and large followings are saying. People like Jay Sekulow are dangerous. They need to be exposed. People with greater intellects and writing skills than me need to expose these guys for what they are. Dangerous. If I can help that along by making others aware of them, I'm happy. It's also therapeutic for me. Rachel my dear, I love you for the works you do. You humble me. I love you for the love you have for others, and the actions you take to make the world better, four small African children at a time. I love you because I haven't ever heard you say a mean thing about another person that doesn't share your faith. I know there are Christians on the radio and television that speak of the true meaning of Christianity. Occasionally I find them and listen to them as well.

1 comment:

Raquel said...

I love you too! Like crazy. Every time that I think of you and Maria, I can't help but gush a bit. ..sigh..

(I say this while laughing... if you haven't heard me talking smack then we need to hang out more often...)

I'm hoping, too, that you'll post about who you are voting for this election (if, of course, you've made a decision yet).